RHR Law provides tailored solutions to successfully manage your oil and gas projects in emerging markets
- We provide you with our extensive experience in project management and negotiating cross-border contracts in the upstream (exploration and production), downstream and commercial oil and gas sectors (production sharing agreements, joint ventures, joint operations, service agreements, farm-out agreements, etc.)
- Our experts assist governments in the design, drafting and implementation of upstream and downstream oil and gas regulations, such as hydrocarbon code, gas code, and regulation on the storage, transportation and distribution of oil and gas products
- We advise you on large scale oil and gas infrastructure construction projects and their financing, including public-private partnerships and project, corporate and asset finance
Examples of our experience in Upstream Oil and Gas
- Assisting an international oil and gas company in the negotiation of production sharing agreement, joint operation agreement and technical cooperation agreement with the national oil company in a West African State
- Assisting the Ministry of Hydrocarbons of an African State in the drafting of the tax and legal framework of upstream oil and gas sector, involving discussions and negotiations with major International Oil Companies, drafting of the new Petroleum Code and the model of Production Sharing Agreement.
- Assistance to an international oil and gas company in acquisition of equity interest for exploration and production of a gas field in North Africa, covering a comprehensive range of tax and legal advice (mining title, oil taxation, contractual and corporate structuring, financial modelling, customs, labour, etc.).
Examples of our experience in Downstream Oil and Gas and Trading
- Assistance to Authority of Regulation of the Downstream sector of a West African State for drafting of the downstream regulations fixing the conditions of exercise of the petroleum activities, including storage and implementation of gas stations, quantitative and qualitative control of petroleum products.
- Project management of a legal, technical and financial audit and assistance to a refinery located in Central Africa (Joint venture between the State and an international oil company): risk assessment and bankability for the refinancing of the debt contracted by the refinery.
- Assistance to various international trading companies for drafting and negotiation agreements for sales and purchase of Crude Oil, LNG, LPG, Jet Fuel, Diesel, etc. and implementation of related financial instruments.
- Advising a major oil and gas trading company in the trade facility and crude oil trade agreement with a Central Africa National Company.
RHR Law organizes monthly thematic webinars on its fields of activity. Discover the topics below and register !
There are no upcoming events at this time.